Terms and Conditions – Job Seeker
These Registration Terms (these Terms) set out the terms that govern your use of the services offered via the JobGetter website, which may be accessed via www.jobgetter.com (the Website) or via our software application (the App). This document is a legally binding agreement between Student Services Australia Pty Ltd A.C.N. 100 372 156 trading as JobGetter (we, us, our, JobGetter or Workible) and you (the Candidate).
JobGetter provides the Candidate with a platform to set up a profile (Profile) for the purpose of obtaining employment via the Website or the App (the Service).
Your decision to create an account via the Website or the App (the Account) means you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms contained in this document. Your access to the services offered by JobGetter is conditional upon your acceptance and ongoing compliance with these terms.
We reserve the right to amend, revise or modify these Terms at any time and without notice to you.
Your use of the Services
In order to use the Services, you must register as a member via the registration process on the Website or the App.
By registering as a member, you agree that you are aged 18 years or over.
If you are aged less than 18 years, then you must (if required) be able to confirm that you have obtained consent from a parent and/or guardian to register as a member and to use the Services.
Membership occurs when the Candidate creates an Account via the Website or the App. When creating the account, you warrant that:
- you will provide accurate, current and complete information;
- you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account log-in information, such as username, password, and any other identifying information, and are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account;
- you will not use another person’s account without permission from the owner of that Account; and
- you will immediately notify JobGetter of any unauthorised use of your Account or any other breach of security. JobGetter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to provide us with accurate information or to keep your password secure.
After your Account is created, you may change information relating to the Account and undertake to update details relating to your Account with true and accurate information at all times.
Membership entitles the Candidate to a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and use the Services, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The Candidate agrees to be solely responsible for any conduct associated with, or originating from, the Candidate’s Account.
Term of Agreement
The agreement between the parties that is governed by these Terms will continue until such time that a parties wishes to terminate pursuant to these Terms.
We use the information collected primarily to process the task for which you visited the website or mobile application. Data collected in Australia is held in accordance with the Privacy Act. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
Youth Employment Innovation Challenge Privacy Notification and Your Consent
In order to provide employment services and assistance, JobGetter (acting as a contractor of the Department of Industry) is required to collect sensitive information that is additional to personal information such as name and date of birth. This sensitive and/or health information may include details of:
- schooling and other educational experiences
- cultural background, to ensure that you are provided with the most appropriate service or a translator if required
- medical conditions, injuries or disabilities, for example to provide you with appropriate support services and/or to ensure your suitability for certain employment opportunities and activities
- housing status and sustainability—this allows the provider to provide you with appropriate support services if required.
JobGetter will generally collect such information directly from you; however your information may also be collected from:
- Service Providers and/or third parties including where work experience or voluntary work activities are undertaken. Employers offering volunteer or work experience places
- Support Service Providers such as mental health services, housing and accommodation services, alcohol and other drug treatment services.
Your decision to create an account via the Website or the App (the Account) means you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to the collection of your sensitive personal information in accordance with these services and assistance as outlined.
The Youth Employment Innovation Challenge is a two-year program funded by the Department of Industry (DoI). At the end of the two-year period, DoI will undertake an evaluation assessing the effectiveness of the program. As part of this research, we would like to access your personal information (including sensitive information) collected by JobGetter when you are registered with JobGetter. We are asking if you would be willing to allow us to link data from you across different government departments including Family and Community Services, Department of Justice, Department of Health and state health agencies, Department of Education, Department of Social Services and the Australian Taxation Office. This research will enable us to develop future programs best suited to the needs of young unemployed people. Note that non-participation in the program evaluation will not exclude you from accessing the program.
Your decision to create an account via the Website or the App (the Account) means you confirm that you consent to your information being used for the purposes of program evaluation, to your information being linked across government departments for the purposes of program evaluation and to your information being stored outside of Australia.
As a Candidate, you will be required to provide information and other material (Content) when creating your profile (Profile) via the Website. You will be required to log in to your Account to create your Profile.